Garlic Knots are super-delicious and can be enjoyed as it is with your favourite sauces.
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- For Dough
- 2 1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
- 2 teaspoon virgin olive oil
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lukewarm milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a dough kneading plate, add all purpose flour, sugar, salt, dry yeast, virgin olive oil, milk and lukewarm
- water. Knead the dough for about 10-15 minutes and use the dough scraper to get the dough together at
- intervals. (Note: You can also use Instant yeast for the dough.)
- Place the dough in a greased bowl with enough room for the rise. Cover with a cling film and put the bowl
- aside for about 45 minutes to an hour. Let the dough rise, it will double in size.
- Once the dough rises, remove it from the bowl and deflate gently to release the air. Knead very briefly (a few
- seconds) and gently. Divide the dough in equal proportions and make as many balls as possible. You can make
- it into 10, if you have a large oven.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. You will need multiple pans or trays, as all the knots will not fit in one
- baking tray. Do remember, once the knots rises again, you can not lift them off the surface.
- Place the knots in the tray spaced well apart. Cover them with a clean cloth and allow to double in size again.
- Towards the end of the second rise, pre-heat the oven at 190 degrees Celsius. Then, take a small bowl and mix
- together minced garlic, extra virgin olive oil, and Italian seasonings. Using a pastry brush, gently apply this
- minced garlic mixture over the knots and bake until slightly browned. Cool slightly and savour.