- 2 eggs
- 180ml milk
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 4 slices white bread
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 rashers back bacon, grilledicing sugar and syrup of choice (we like date syrup), to serve
- Whisk the eggs and milk with the sugar in a bowl. Soak the white sliced bread in the mixture.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the butter in a non-stick frying pan and fry two slices of the soaked bread on a low–medium heat until golden and crisp, about 3–4 mins on each side.
- Remove from the pan and sandwich 2 slices of bacon between the slices of French toast.
- Repeat with the remaining soaked bread to make the other sandwich.
- Serve with a dusting of icing sugar and a drizzle of syrup.