Crispy and delicious, French Hearts (Palmiers) is a simple snack recipe that you can prepare for your loved ones on festivals and special occasions.
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 piece puff pastry roll
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet evenly on a marble slab.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and granulated sugar on the sheet. (You can also use strawberry crush or edible food
- colour to give it a nice red colour.)
- Fold the two opposite sides of the pastry sheet square, so that the sides meet in the centre. Fold in same sides
- of the pastry again.
- Fold one half of the pastry over the other and cut pastry crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Dip cut sides of each piece in sugar and arrange, cut side down, on an un-greased baking sheet.
- Bake it at around 210 degree Celsius for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden in colour. Serve hot.