Fish in Caramel Sauce is an easy recipe made with fish fillets and sugar.
Time: 40 minutes
- 250 gm sliced fish
- 1/4 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 broken and de seeded,chopped red chilli
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 handful chopped coriander leaves
- For Dressing
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 sliced onion
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered black pepper
- To prepare the dressing, heat a small pan over low flame. Add sugar to it and keep stirring till it begins to
- caramelize. It will take about 3 minutes. Once done, remove the pan from the flame and add fish sauce. Place
- the pan over flame again and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes until it turns into a thick syrup. Add the small onions and pepper powder. Mix well and
- remove from the flame. Transfer this dressing in a bowl and keep it aside as it will be required later.
- Now, for making the main dish, take a different pan, add oil and heat over medium flame. Add the red chilli
- and fish slices. Fry these ingredients for 2 minutes. Add the ginger and caramel sauce. Bring it to a boil. Now,
- reduce the flame to low and simmer for 5 minutes or until the fish is well cooked.
- Once the fish is properly cooked, transfer it to a serving plate and garnish with coriander leaves. If you are
- planning to host a get-together at home and want to prepare something fancy yet easy-to-make, then this
- should be your perfect go-to recipe. Serve hot and relish its flavours.