Falafel is a traditional Mediterranean recipe that is quite popular among the foodies.
Time: 40 minutes
- 100 gm soaked chickpeas
- 2 finely chopped onion
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed black pepper
- salt as required
- 200 gm all purpose flour
- 25 gm chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 250 gm refined oil
- 1 pinch baking soda
- To prepare this snack recipe, add soaked chickpeas in a pressure cooker along with enough water to boil them.
- Place the pressure cooker over medium flame and boil the chickpeas for 10-15 minutes. Once done, take it off
- the flame and drain the excess water. Transfer the chickpeas in a bowl and mash them with a masher.
- Now, in a large bowl, mix together mashed chickpeas, finely chopped onions, coriander leaves, minced garlic,
- cumin powder, coriander powder, salt, black pepper powder, red chilli powder, baking powder and all purpose
- flour. Knead this in the form of a dough.
- Make small balls of the chickpeas mixture and slightly flatten them using your palms. Now, heat refined oil in a
- deep-bottomed pan over medium flame. When the oil is hot enough, add the flattened patties to it. Fry them
- until they are golden-brown in color. Once done, place the fried patties onto a plate lined with absorbent
- paper to soak up the excess oil. Serve these hot with a dip of your choice to enjoy!