Egg Samosa is a North Indian recipe made from eggs, grated potato and carrot.
Time: 35 minutes
- 6 egg
- 1 cup grated potato
- 3 finely chopped green chilli
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- salt as required
- 4 finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon onion seeds
- 1 bunch coriander leaves
- 300 gm all purpose flour
- 2 cup refined oil
- In a bowl mix together maida, baking powder and salt. Add onion seeds and 1 tsp oil. Knead into a smooth
- dough. Allow it to rest for 1-2 hours.
- Heat 3 tsp oil in a deep bottomed pan. Saute the onions and green chillies until onions turn golden-pink. Add
- the grated potatoes and carrots. Stir-fry for a minute. Add salt, and coriander leaves. Cover and cook for 5-7
- minutes or till the potatoes are soft and mushy.
- Now break the eggs into the pan and cook until the eggs are done. Remove from fire and allow it to cool.
- Make small balls of the dough and roll them into thin and small chapatis. Place a tsp or 2 of the egg mixture
- and shape them into small/medium triangles. Seal the edges with little water.
- In a deep bottomed pan, heat oil. Deep fry the prepared samosas in small batches until golden brown. Remove
- and drain excess oil.
- Serve hot with ketchup, onion rings and the chutney of your choice!