Rava ladoo is a sweet dessert made of semolina is a wonderful diwali recipe.
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup rava
- ½ +2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons melted ghee, hot
- ⅛ teaspoon cardamom powder or 1 cardamom pod,crushed
- 8-10 pistachios, chopped
- 6 almonds,chopped
- Heat 2 teaspoons ghee in a pan. Add the chopped nuts and fry well. Remove the nuts to a plate, leaving the ghee in the pan itself.
- Add the measured rava to the same pan. Roast the rava well in low flame till nice aroma wafts out (5-7 minutes).
- Allow to cool and powder the rava well in a dry mixture jar. Also powder the measured sugar.
- Take the fried nuts, powdered rava and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add cardamom powder and mix very well.
- Now melt the ghee and measure ¼ cup + 2tablespoons.
- Add the hot ghee to the rava mixture, mix very well with a spoon.
- Use a tablespoon or a small scoop to scoop out the rava mixture, make ladoos and allow to set for 10 minutes. On cooling the ladoos will set well. Serve rava ladoo at room
- temperature or store in airtight box. It will keep well for 5-6 days at room temperature.