Barfis made with cashew nuts, kaju katli is one of the most popular giveaways during Diwali. This season, surprise your friends and family with home-made treats. This Diwali, light up your homes with our festive dessert recipe, Kaju Katli
Time: 35 minutes
- Cashewnuts 3 cups
- Powdered sugar 10 tablespoons
- Cornflour/ corn starch 1 teaspoon
- Rose essence 1/3 teaspoon
- Silver warq for decoration as required
- Soak cashew nuts in five cups of water for an hour or two. Drain and grind them to a fine paste on a grinding stone, using as little water as possible.
- Mix together sugar and cashewnut paste. Cook in a deep pan on medium heat. When the mixture begins to thicken, reduce heat and keep stirring.
- When the mixture becomes thick and leaves the sides of the pan (it should take about eight minutes) sprinkle cornstarch. Stir well and remove from heat.
- Immediately mix in the rose essence and quickly turn onto a greased marble or wooden surface. Quickly roll thinly with a greased roller. Spread the silver sheet over and
- cut into diamond shaped katlis. Store in an airtight container when cold.