This delicious kebab recipe tastes even better when eaten with onions and green coriander chutney.
Time: 50 minutes
- 1 cup hung curd
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 cup water
- 400 gm soaked green moong dal
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- To make this yummy kebab recipe, drain the previously soaked green moong dal and keep aside. Heat two
- tablespoons ghee in a wok and once the ghee is sufficiently hot, add the cumin seeds.
- Once the cumin seeds start to splutter, add dal along with salt and saute over medium flame till tender but
- whole. It will take about five minutes. Once done, remove from the gas and let it cool.
- Grind the sauteed lentils in a food processor or a stone to a fine consistency without adding water, till a dough
- like consistency forms. Next, mix salt, chilli powder, garam masala and garlic into the ground dal and mix it
- well. Now, add hung curd and make into a soft pliable dough.
- Divide this dal dough into 12 portions and shape them into round balls, and then flatten them. Heat enough
- ghee in a heavy-bottomed frying pan to form a thin layer.
- Fry the flattened kebabs in the hot oil over low flame, turning in between till crisp and brown. Darbari kebab is
- ready, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with tomato-garlic sauce and coriander chutney.