Crispy Spinach Cutlet is an interesting snack recipe which is made using chana dal, fresh spinach leaves and besan.
Time: 40 minutes
- 120 gm washed & dried,shredded spinach
- 3 tablespoon gram flour (besan)
- 1/2 inch chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon powdered salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chana masala powder
- 25 gm washed & dried chana dal
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped green chilli
- 1 cup refined oil
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered chaat masala
- To make this delicious snack recipe, soak the chana dal for an hour and then pressure cook it. Once done, drain
- the excess water. Then take a pan and heat it over moderate flame. Add the dal in the pan and fry it for few
- Then add finely chopped spinach, onions, green chillies in the pan. Stir well and add besan, salt, chana masala
- powder, chaat masala powder, green chilli, ginger and onion. If you want a tangy flavour, then you may add
- little lemon juice to it as well. Remove from flame and allow the mixture to cool.
- Now make round balls of this mix. Flatten them a bit using your palms and shape them like a cutlet. Take a pan
- and add refined oil in it for frying. Heat it over high flame or for around 5-6 minutes. Once the oil is sufficiently
- hot, add the prepared cutlet in the pan and deep fry them till they turn golden brown from both the sides.
- Transfer the cutlets in a serving plate and wipe them with an absorbent paper/tissue paper to remove extra oil.
- Serve the delicious cutletes with green chutney or tomato ketchup.