Crunchy and tasty, these perfectly golden-coloured Baby Corn Fritters are a sight to behold and a treat to bite into!
Time: 15 minutes.
- Babycorns 8
- Refined flour (maida) ½ cup
- Oil for deep-frying
- Cornflour/ corn starch 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Buttermilk as required
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
- Combine refined flour, cornflour and red chilli powder in a bowl and mix well. Add salt and mix well.
- Add sufficient buttermilk and little water and whisk well into a thick smooth batter.
- Slit babycorns lengthwise into halves, dip each half in the batter and deep-fry in hot oil till golden and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.