Coconut Cupcakes is an American recipe made using cake flour, eggs, caster sugar, vanilla essence, yogurt, butter, coconut and icing sugar.
Time: 50 minutes
- 350 gm butter
- 4 egg
- 450 gm cake flour
- 1 cup yoghurt (curd)
- 300 gm caster sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 350 gm grated coconut
- For Toppings
- 200 gm butter
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 450 gm icing sugar
- Mix the butter and caster sugar in a bowl. Beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla essence.
- Add the cake mix and baking powder. Add yogurt and mix well. Add the desiccate coconut and mix again.
- Add the mixture to the muffin tin and place it in a preheated oven at 180C. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until
- golden and cooked. Remove and cool.
- For the topping, beat the butter until fluffy. Add the lemon juice and icing sugar.
- Whisk well and spoon over the topping onto each cake. Sprinkle some of the grated coconut.
- Keep aside to set. Serve.