Classic Tomato Spaghetti is a delicious dish that you can prepare for your family and friends on occasions like kitty party, potluck and even get-togethers.
Time: 50 minutes
- 500 gm wheat spaghetti
- 7 finely chopped tomato
- 1 finely chopped capsicum
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup grated cheese cubes
- 7 leaves chopped basil
- 2 finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon powdered black pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- salt as required
- water as required
- Boil 1 1/2 litres of water in a large pan over high flame and add two teaspoons of salt in it along with a little oil.
- Bring it to a boil and then add wheat spaghetti in it. Lower the flame and let the spaghetti cook till done. Once
- done, drain out the past in a colander over the sink and keep aside.
- Next, heat oil in a pan over high flame and add onions in it along with spring onions and capsicum. Saute the
- onion until they become translucent or pink in colour. Then, add tomatoes in the pan and let them cook till
- they are soft.
- Finally, add salt, sugar, tomato sauce or ketchup, soy sauce, black pepper powder and basil leaves in the pan.
- Stir ti mix well and cook all the spices for a minute. Then, add the cooked spaghetti in the pan and toss well.
- Transfer the cooked spaghetti to a plate and garnish with grated cheese. Serve hot.