Chilli Chicken is served both as snack and main course. It is a versatile dish loved by most desi-Chinese lovers.
Time: 60 minutes
- 750 gm chopped chicken
- 1 cup powdered corn flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 4 tablespoon sliced green chilli
- 4 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- 2 beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 handful chopped spring onions
- 1 teaspoon powdered salt
- For this easy appetizer recipe, combine chicken, eggs, ginger garlic paste and corn flour in a bowl. Mix well.
- Pour enough water so that the chicken pieces are well coated with the batter.
- Keep aside to marinate for 1-2 hours, preferably in refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a deep pan over high flame. Deep fry the chicken pieces until cooked through. Remove and drain
- excess oil on an absorbent paper.
- Heat 1 or 2 tblsp of oil in a separate pan. Add the onions and fry for 2 minutes till translucent.
- Add the green chillies and stir once or twice.
- Now add soy sauce, vinegar, chicken and salt. Mix well until all ingredients are coated well with the sauces.
- Remove and transfer to a bowl. Garnish with the spring onions.
- Serve hot with fried rice or chowmein.