- 2 cups quinoa (boiled and strained)
- 2 onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 3 green chili (slit open)
- 1 Tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 cup mint leaves (chopped)
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves/Cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh yogurt/curd (beaten)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
Salt to taste
- 250 gms chicken (cut into pieces)
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp yogurt/curd
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Tbsp oil
- 4 clove
- 2″ stick cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf (small)
- 3 Cardamom
- Wash the chicken and drain the excess water. Marinate it with the ingredients and cover it, keep aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet or a pressure cooker, add the tempering ingredients one by one then add onion, green chilli, mint leaves, cilantro, sprinkle little salt and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell leaves.
- After that add tomato and saute till it turns soft and mushy.
- Now add the marinated chicken, chilli powder, turmeric powder and saute for 2-3 minutes more.
- Cover and cook it for 6-7 minutes or till the chicken gets 3/4th cooked.
- Add 1 cup yogurt, 2 or 3 cups of water, enough salt and allow it to boil.
- Once it starts boiling, reduce the flame and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Layer with quinoa, toss and enjoy.
- Eat with raita and a generous squeeze of lime.