Cham Cham is a popular and traditional North Indian dessert recipe.
Time: 45 minutes
- 300 gm paneer
- 2 teaspoon powdered green cardamom
- 200 gm condensed milk
- 4 cup Water
- 2 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 sugar as required
- 1/2 teaspoon edible food color
- For Garnishing
- 1 handful crushed pistachios
- For making this famous dessert recipe, heat 3 to 4 cups of water in a pan over medium flame.
- Add sugar and stir well until fully dissolved.
- When it has reached a syrup consistency, add the edible food colour (yellow) and stir.
- The sugar syrup should not be too thick and has to be of thin consistency. Reduce flame.
- Mix paneer and maida in a bowl. Make small balls and shape them into oval shape.
- Gently drop these into the sugar syrup and simmer for a few minutes. Switch off the flame and remove.
- When the syrup has cooled down a bit, remove the cham chams and place them on a plate.
- Mix cardamom powder and condensed milk in a bowl. Spread this over the cham chams.
- Garnish with crushed pistachios. Serve at room temperature or chilled.