Caribbean Coconut Rice is an exotic dish prepared using scented jasmine rice and coconut milk.
Time: 40 minutes
- 2 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup rinsed,drained jasmine rice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 cinnamon stick
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper powder
- To prepare this delicious rice recipe, melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add ginger, garlic, and
- cinnamon stick, and saute the ingredients for 1 minute. Once done, add rice and saute until rice grains are
- Then add coconut milk, sugar, salt, lime zest, white pepper, and ¾ cup water. Bring to a simmer. Stir once,
- cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for another 15 minutes. Then fluff the rice with fork, cover, and let it rest
- for 5 minutes. Transfer the dish to a serving bowl. You can also garnish the rice recipe with chopped spring
- onions for that extra crunch.
- This Caribbean Coconut Rice goes best with Asian and Indian curries. If you’re planning to host a party at
- home and want to pair the gravy dishes with something fragrant and exotic, then this rice recipe should be your
- go-to option. Serve hot and relish its flavours.