Just to skip all these cumbersome process, instant idli’s are prepared. One such idli variation is bread idli recipe. Instant bread idli’s are the simplest idli recipe of all instant idli recipe. Basically, add the grated bread pieces with idli rava and curd to form idli batter.
Time: 40 minutes
- 4 bread slices, white / wholegrain
- 1 cup idli rava / rice rava
- salt to taste
- 1 cup thick curd, preferably sour
- 1½ cup water, or as required
- pinch of baking soda
- oil to grease idli plate
- firstly, take bread slices and cut the sides. this helps to prepare white idlis.
- furthermore, grind to smooth powder like bread crumbs.
- then transfer the bread crumbs to a large mixing bowl.
- additionally, add a cup of idli rava.
- also add salt to taste and a cup of thick curd.
- furthermore, give a good mix
- add water as required to prepare idli batter consistency.
- also add ¼ cup of water above the batter so that it doesn’t dry up. do not worry if your battery is watery, as
- bread and idli rava will absorb water.
- rest the batter for 20 -30 minutes.
- then, give a good mix, add water if required.
- adjust the consistency to of idli batter.
- just before steaming add a pinch of baking soda and mix well till it turns frothy.
- brush the plates with oil and pour the batter immediately into the idli plate. do not rest the batter.
- as other idlis you have to steam it for 8-10 mins on medium flame. allow it to rest for 5 mins then unmould.
- serve hot with coconut chutney and sambar.