A wholesome burger where the patty is made with a mixture of black beans, seasonal veggies and a range of spices.
- 1 cup black bean
- 250gm arbi, boiled
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, boiled
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 multi-grain burger bun
- For the Hung Curd Spread
- 200ml curd
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Soak black beans overnight and then pressure cook for 3 whistles. Divide into 2 parts. Mash one part and keep the other as is.
- In a large mixing bowl mash the arbi, and then mix together mashed black bean and the remaining ingredients.
- Shape into patties and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the patties on both sides till crisp and golden.
- For the hung curd spread, place the curd in a muslin cloth and hang it for 30 minutes for the whey to drain out.
- Then beat it in a mixing bowl along with garlic and parsley.
- Slice the burger bun into two. Apply a generous serving of the hung curd spread and place the burger patties.
- Top with fresh lettuce or baby spinach and serve.