Gujiya is a popular sweet dish made on festivals like Diwali and Holi.
Time: 60 minutes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup ghee
- 4 cup all purpose flour
- For Filling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup semolina
- 1 tablespoon green cardamom
- 200 gm khoya
- 1 tablespoon bhang seed powder
- For making this easy and popular recipe, make the dough by mixing ghee and flour in a bowl. Add water and
- knead well to a stiff dough. Keep aside for 60 minutes.
- In the meantime, saute khoya and semolina till slightly fried and keep aside to cool. Add sugar, bhang powder,
- green cardamom and almonds to the cooled khoya and mix well.
- Make balls of the dough and roll them into thick rounds. Place 1 1/2 tsp of the filling and fold. Seal the edges
- with wet fingers.
- Heat ghee in a pan over medium flame. Fry the gujiyas till golden brown on all sides.
- Remove and serve.