Berry Kanji is a mouth-watering and sumptuous beverage that has a unique flavor and is perfect to zest up the Holi celebrations.
Time: 20 minutes
- 50 gm raspberry
- 2 gm carom seeds
- 5 gm salt
- 6 clove
- 5 ml refined oil
- 1 wedge lemon
- 2 gm ghee
- 2 gm asafoetida
- 5 gm black salt
- 2 gm chaat masala
- 6 gm green cardamom
- 2 sprigs mint
- water as required
- ice cubes as required
- To prepare this beverage recipe, add the raspberries in a blender jar. Blend these coarsely. Now, take a mixing
- bowl, add blended raspberries, carom seeds, black salt, salt, chat masala and stir well. Add water to dilute this
- Now, take a ladle and heat up refined oil in it over medium flame. When the oil is hot enough, add asafoetida
- in it. Let it crackle and, then, pour it in the carom seeds mixture.
- Heat charcoal over the medium flame in small bowl and add green cardamom, clove and ghee in it. As soon as
- you see smoke rising in the charcoal, place this bowl in the large bowl containing the berry mixture. Cover the
- large bowl with a lid and let the berry mixture get infused with the smoke. After 2-3 minutes, lift the lid and
- remove the smaller bowl with charcoal. Stir the berry mixture to combine well.
- Now, add this mixture in a glass along with ice cubes. Garnish it with mint sprigs and lemon wedge to enjoy!