Beetroot Pachadi is a delicious main course recipe usually prepared in South India during special occasions like Onam and Pongal.
Time: 50 minutes
- 1 1/2 boiled beetroot
- 1 pinch powdered turmeric
- 1/4 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- curry leaves as required
- 1/4 cup yoghurt (curd)
- salt as required
- 3 dry red chili
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoon refined oil
- In a blender add grated coconut, 2 dry red chillies, ginger, mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Grind the
- ingredients by adding water to form a smooth consistent mixture.
- Chop the beetroots in a small bowl. Then add the beetroot pieces to a pan along with water and place it on
- medium flame. Let it boil for a while. Take another pan, add the grounded paste with chopped boiled beetroot
- and desired amount of water as required.
- Add turmeric and salt as per your taste and stir firmly. Let it simmer for a while. Add curd and cover with lid. Let
- the ingredients cook for a while. Meanwhile, in another pan heat 2 tablespoons of oil and add mustard seeds
- and cumin seeds. Allow the seeds to splutter and saute for a while.
- Then add the curry leaves and one whole dry red chilli and saute the spices for a while. Once done, add the
- spices to the beetroot mixture. Serve with some cooked rice, enjoy!