BBQ Mac and Cheese Burrito – creamy mac and cheese stuffed into a burrito alongside classic burrito fillings – then topped with a sweet tangy BBQ sauce.
Time: 30 minutes
- gluten free tortillas
- your favorite Mac and Cheese
- beans – refried, black, pinto
- vegan cheese, grated fine
- sturdy, crunchy lettuce – romaine
- Easy Gluten Free Vegan BBQ sauce
- Warm each tortilla before you fill.
- Add several tablespoons Mac and Cheese down the middle of the tortilla, followed by the beans, finely grated cheese, and a good amount of crunchy lettuce. Roll tightly.
- Top with BBQ Sauce. (Follow the below recipe)
Easy Gluten Free Vegan BBQ Sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 cup organic ketchup
- ½ cup organic molasses
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon mesquite powder
- ⅓ fresh pineapple, skinned / cored, chopped
- In saucepan, sauté shallot in coconut oil.
- In blender, combine ketchup, molasses, vinegar, mustard, smoke, mesquite, pineapple, and shallot. Blend until smooth.