Banana Chips is an easy-to-make South Indian recipe which is prepared with raw or unriped bananas, turmeric and salt.
Time: 35 minutes
- 4 green unripe bananas
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cup cold water
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- Peel the bananas and put them in salted cold water. Chop the bananas in water and add turmeric in it.
- Keep in water for 8-10 minutes and then drain out water completely. Transfer to a dry cloth to remove the
- Next, heat some oil in a pan over medium flame till it’s steaming hot. Deep-fry the slices till they are almost
- crisp. Add few slices at a time. (NOTE: Prepare a paste of 1/2 tsp water and 1/4 tsp salt and carefully add it to
- the hot oil in the pan. This will make the slices crispier.)
- Repeat the procedure for the remaining slices. Drain the chips on an absorbent paper. Cool and store them in
- an airtight container.