Crusty Garlic Bread is an delicious Italian side dish made with baguette, cheese spread, avacados and garlic.
Time: 35 minutes
- 1 baguette
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 pinches black pepper
- 2 tablespoon oregano
- 3 avocados
- 1/2 cup cheese spread
- 2 pinches coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon chilli flakes
- Combine avocado, lemon juice, garlic, butter, olive oil, salt and cracked pepper in a bowl. Mix well and keep
- Slice the baguette into 15 to 20 slices. Do not cut all the way through, keep it still intact at the base.
- Spread the garlic-avacado mixture on every slice. Wrap the baguette in a foil and place it on a baking tray.
- Place it in a preheated oven at 200C/400F. Bake for 5 minutes and remove the foil.
- Put it back into the oven and bake for another 5 minutes or until crisp. Remove and cut it into individual slices.
- Season with chilli flakes and oregano. Serve alongside pasta.