Suji Ka Shahi Halwa is a delicious North Indian recipe which is prepared with semolina, ghee, saffron, sugar, green cardamoms along with nuts.
Time: 40 minutes
- 2 cup semolina
- 8 green cardamom
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 8 cup water
- 1 cup ghee
- For Garnishing
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 tablespoon pistachios
- 4 leaves dry rose petals
- 2 roasted cashews
- Firstly, take a bowl and pour warm water in it. Add almonds into the bowl and soak the almonds overnight.
- Then, peel the almonds and chop them. Also, crush green cardamoms with a pestle and mortar.
- To prepare the sugar-saffron syrup, place a saucepan over medium flame and pour water in it. Then add sugar,
- crushed cardamoms and saffron into the pan. Stir it continuously for 5-7 minutes and keep it aside.
- On the other hand, place a frying pan over medium flame and pour ghee in it. When the ghee is melted, add
- suji in it and stir continuously until it is golden brown in colour.
- While stirring continuously, mix the sugar-saffron syrup in the suji mixture. Simmer and cook the mixture for
- 10-15 minutes. Garnish the shahi halwa with chopped nuts and rose petals. Serve immediately.