Celebrate the auspicious occasion of Navratri by preparing Arbi Ki Tikki at your home.
Time: 50 minutes
- 2 cup refined oil
- 2 teaspoon carom seeds
- sendha namak as required
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 8 tablespoon buckwheat (kuttu)
- 1/2 kilograms arbi (colocasia root)
- 2 green chillies
- 1 handful chopped coriander leaves
- To begin with, wash arbi under running water. Now, add the arbi in a pressure cooker along with enough water
- to cover it. Close the cooker with lid and pressure cook it over medium flame to 2-3 whistles. Meanwhile, in a
- blender jar, add green chillies and blend to a fine paste.
- Once the arbi is boiled, transfer it in a large bowl. Now, peel their skin and mash them with the help of a potato
- masher or you can also use a wooden spatula. Now, add the sendha namak, green chillies paste, carom seeds,
- ginger paste, coriander leaves and buckwheat flour to the bowl containing the mashed arbi and mix it well.
- Make sure that the ingredients are evenly coated with the spices.
- Now, take small portion from the arbi mixture and make round balls from it. Press the gently between your
- palms. Repeat this with the entire mixture. Now, place a deep-bottomed pan over medium flame and heat
- refined oil in it. When the oil is hot enough, add the raw arbi tikkis in it.
- Fry these until they are golden-brown in color. Once done, transfer the fried tikkis on a plate lined with
- absorbent paper. Serve these with a dip of your choice to enjoy!