Indian Gooseberry or Amla has several health benefits. It can fight against cancer.
Time: 1 hr 50 minutes
- 180 gm amla
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 1/4 cup mustard oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon onion seeds
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 3 cup water
- Wash the amlas well under cold running water. Prick them deeply using a fork. Then soak them in 3 cups of
- water and 2 tsp salt for about 1 hour.
- Now take a pan and heat oil in it over high flame. Once the oil is sufficiently hot, turn off the flame. Now add
- whole spices – fennel seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and onion seeds. Wait for a minute or so.
- Then add turmeric and mix the ingredients well. Now add amlas. Heat the pan again and stir fry for 5 minutes
- on medium flame. Add remaining 2 tsp of salt and red chili powder. Mix well and remove from fire. Transfer
- the pickle to a jar. Keep in the sun for 5-6 days.
- Serve this delicious pickle recipe as a side dish with parathas or enjoy it with Indian snacks like mathi and
- papad. This tangy pickle recipe will add a different touch to your normal food. Try it and enjoy!