Solkadi is a beverage recipe famous in South India and is usually consumed after a sumptuous meal.
Time: 40 minutes
- 4 kokum
- 2 cup water
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- salt as required
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cloves garlic
- 1 green chilli
- 4 leaves coriander leaves
- Start by soaking the kokum in a bowl half filled with water along with asafoetida and salt. Keep it aside for
- Using a hand grater, grate the coconut and pour it in a blender along with garlic, chilies and a little water.
- Blend it to a thick paste and squeeze the milk out of it. Keep it aside. Repeat the same procedure 1-2 times till
- you don’t have the whole milk extracted from the coconut.
- Now, remove the soaked kokum from the bowl and add milk water to it. Mix well and you will get a pink
- coloured Solkadi out of it. Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve cold.