The secret to perfect salmon is love — and heart-shaped parchment paper.
Time: 40 minutes
- 30-inch long piece of parchment paper
- 1/2 bulb of fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 large scallion, cut into 2-inch-long pieces
- 4-ounce salmon fillet
- Salt, to taste
- Paprika, to taste
- 1 slice lemon
- 3/4 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Fold parchment paper in half and cut out a large heart shape. Fold open the heart.
- In the middle of the right side of the heart, place 3 to 4 pieces of scallions and a few pieces of fennel. Place the
- salmon skin-side down on top of the scallions and fennel. Top salmon with salt, paprika and the lemon slice.
- Add the pat of butter on top.
- Fold the heart-shaped paper over the fish until the edges meet. (This means the crease will lift off the table.)
- Begin overlapping folds from the top left and work your way around to the bottom left, at which point you can
- twist it or paper clip it.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and place in oven for 8 minutes, or until meat thermometer reads 140 degrees. Serve
- in the bag on a plate.