Paneer Kulcha is a lip smacking snack from the Rajasthani cuisine.Here the kulcha has been stuffed with a rich and spicy paneer filling.
Time: 40 minutes
- Refined flour (maida) 3 cups
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Butter 5 tablespoons + for basting
- Milk 1 cup
- For stuffing
- Paneer (cottage cheese) crushed 200 grams
- Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
- Green chillies chopped 4
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped 2 tablespoons
- Chaat masala 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Red chilli powder 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Onion chopped 1 medium
- Mix together the refined flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Mix sugar, salt, butter and milk and add to the flour and knead into a soft dough. Cover with a damp cloth and set aside for forty minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- For the stuffing mix together cottage cheese, garam masala powder, green chillies, coriander leaves, chaat masala, red chilli powder and onion.
- Divide both the dough and the stuffing into eight equal portions. Roll each dough portion into a ball, spread it slightly on your palm and place a portion of the stuffing on it
- and close in the edges and press lightly to seal.
- Further roll it out into a thick roti of 5 to 6 inch diameter. Place the rotis, two at a time, on a baking tray and bake, basting with butter in between, for eight minutes.