Methi Vadi is a perfect snack recipe that can be served with tea and can also be served as a lunch box snack.
Time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup moong dal
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2 pinches salt
- 3 pieces green chilli
- 1 small potato
- 1/2 tablespoon powdered turmeric
- 1 teaspoon powdered red chilli
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fenugreek leaves ( methi)
- 3 pinches salt
- 3 pinches black pepper
- To make the moong dal vadi, soak moong dal in water for 4 hours.
- Grind it without water.
- Add salt, pepper and green chilli.
- Make it into a flat, round ball and sun dry it for 2 to 3 days.
- Alternately you can bake it in the oven till dry.
- Store in an air-tight container and use as required.
- Peel and cut the potato into small pieces.
- Heat ghee in a vessel.
- Add the jeera and vadi.
- Fry on slow flame till golden.
- Add the methi leaves, potato pieces and the dry spices together with a little water.
- Cook till the vadi and potato pieces are soft.
- Add the tomato puree and simmer for some time. Serve with chutney of your choice.