Kachoris are one of the favourtie street foods in North India. Khasta Kachori is one such snack recipe made with all purpose flour, loaded with various spices and chutneys.
Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup moong dal
- 1 pinch powdered asafoetida
- 1/4 teaspoon minced green chilli
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoon dry mango powder
- 1 cup Refined oil
- 2 tablespoon melted ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon Gram flour (besan)
- 2 pinches salt
- For Garnishing
- 3 tablespoon beaten yoghurt (curd)
- 2 tablespoon sev
- Mix maida and ghee in a bowl. Add 1/4 tsp salt and little water. Knead well to a firm dough.
- Make small balls of the dough and keep aside.
- Heat 1 to 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan over medium flame. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida powder. Fry for 30
- seconds. Add the moong dal and fry for a minute.
- Now add the green chilli paste, ginger paste, garam masala powder, gram flour, red chilli powder, mango
- powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Roll the dough into small/medium circle and add 1 or 2 tsp of the filling in the center. Fold well and roll again
- ensuring the filling does not come out.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame. Fry the prepared kachoris until golden brown on both sides
- and puffed up.
- Remove and drain excess oil. To serve, crack a hole in the centre of the kachori. Add 2 to 3 tbsp of beaten curd.
- Add green chutney, sweet tamarind chutney, red chilli powder, onions, cumin powder, coriander leaves and
- salt on top. Garnish with sev and serve.