Homemade Gujiya has the authentic flavours and taste of a gujiya that you find in your nearest sweet shop.
Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 100 gm khoya
- 12 raisins
- 1/4 tablespoon powdered green cardamom
- 2 tablespoon grated coconut
- water as required
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 12 almonds
- 12 cashews
- 2 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 cup refined oil
- Rub the all purpose flour and ghee with your fingertips till they resemble breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Now,
- add enough water to make a stiff dough. Cover with a damp cloth and keep this bowl aside for 10 minutes.
- Put a pan on medium flame and saute the khoya for around 5 minutes. Cool it and add all the chopped dry
- fruits, powdered sugar, cardamom powder, and grated coconut. Mix well and keep aside.
- Make small balls of the dough and roll them into a puri, lightly moisten the edges with a little water. Put one
- tablespoon of khoya mixture on one side of the puri and fold the other half over the mixture and seal it using a
- fork making a design.
- Heat oil in a kadhai on medium flame and when the oil is hot enough, add the gujiyas in batches till golden
- brown. Store in an airtight container, when cool and enjoy!