Aloo bhujia recipe with step by step photos. Spicy and tangy sev with potato. Addictive tea time snack made with potato and gram flour. A popular crisp savory snack during Diwali- Aloo Bhujia
Time: 1 hour
- 2 cups gram flour
- 2-3 potatoes OR ¾ cup mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon carom seeds
- 30 mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala powder
- ½ teaspoon amchoor
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Wash, boil and peel the potatoes. Potatoes should be cooked thoroughly. Mash the cooked potatoes very well. there should be no lumps at all.
- Take mint leaves and carom seeds in a mortar and pestle. Pound very well.
- In a mixing bowl, add mashed potatoes, mint-carom paste, chili powder, turmeric powder, chaat masala powder, amchoor, salt and lemon juice.
- Add 2 cups besan/ gram flour to the potato mixture. Mix thoroughly without adding water. Once all the ingredients are well incorporated add water gradually and make a
- soft dough. If the dough is very stiff the sev will turn hard. So make a soft dough.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Load the murukku press one portion of dough. Press or rotate against hot oil and make sev. Deep fry until golden brown from all the sides. Maintain medium flame.
- Drain and break the aloo bhujia into small pieces. Sprinkle some more chaat masala over it and toss well. Store in airtight container.