Chilli Chicken Lettuce Wraps is a Fusion recipe that would be loved by your guests.
Time: 45 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 star anise
- 2 clove
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 diced red peppers
- 1 handful lettuce leaf
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 2 green chilli
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 2 green cardamom
- 2 red chilli
- 1 medium finely chopped onion
- 6 sliced shiitake mushroom
- Cut chicken into very small pieces and place in deep bowl. Combine ginger, garlic, green chillies and fresh
- coriander in mini food processor and mince well.
- Add to chicken in bowl, along with 1 tbsp each of soy sauce and vinegar and 1 tsp each of sesame oil and
- cornstarch. Mix well to combine, reserve or refrigerate for later use in recipe.
- Warm vegetable oil in deep non stick skillet over medium high heat. Add star anise, cardamom, cloves, red
- chillies and cinnamon stick.
- Sizzle for about 1 min. until spices are fragrant, then add onions and peppers. Saute for 3-4 min. until softened,
- then add mushrooms.
- saute 2 mins, then add chicken and all its marinade. Stir fry chicken for about 7-8 min. or until it is cooked
- Add remaining soy, vinegar and sesame oil, then remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve with lettuce leaves on the side to make wraps.