Carrot pickle is an easy-to-make recipe which is packed with salty, sour and sweet flavours.
Time: 40 minutes
- 300 gm sliced carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- 3 tablespoon mustard oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mango powder
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- In a large bowl, add the carrots and wash them under running water properly. Drain the water and dry them
- completely using a kitchen towel. Now cut the carrots into long thick slices, about the size of little finger.
- Add the black mustard seeds to it and mix well. Add red chili powder, salt, dry mango powder, turmeric, fennel
- seeds and asafoetida to it. Pour mustard oil to this bowl. Mix all the ingredients well. Add more oil only if you
- think it looks dry.
- Transfer this mixture to an airtight container. Store it under the sunlight for 3-4 days atleast and keep checking