Broccoli pakoras are delicious and healthy North-Indian preparation – basically a twist to regular pakoras.
Time: 40 minutes
- 1 2/3 cup broccoli
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 1 1/2 tablespoon rice flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- salt as required
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 2/3 cup gram flour (besan)
- Firstly, wash broccoli and place it over a chopping board. Cut the broccoli into florets and keep them aside.
- Now, take a bowl and add gram flour, rice flour, chilli powder, baking soda and salt. Mix them well.
- While stirring continuously, add water into the bowl and make a smooth paste.
- Next, place a kadhai over medium flame and pour oil in it. Dip broccoli florets into the batter and coat them
- properly. Once the oil is heated, add the coated broccoli florets into the kadhai and deep fry them.
- On the other hand, place tissues onto a plate and transfer the bhajis onto this plate to remove excess oil from
- bhajis. Serve hot!