Bengali Style Prawn Cutlet is a scrumptious snack recipe which can be savored by both children and adults alike.
Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 6 prawns
- 2 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- salt as required
- 1 cup gram flour (besan)
- 3 tablespoon onion paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 2 egg
- 2 cup bread crumbs
- refined oil as required
- In a large bowl add garlic paste, onion paste, red chili powder, garam masala powder, eggs and salt. Mix all the
- ingredients well and dip the prawn pieces into the bowl. Make sure that each piece has an even coating of the
- Cover the bowl using a cling film and refrigerate the marinated prawns for 30 minutes. Now, in another bowl
- add bread crumbs along with the gram flour. Mix well and take out the prawns from the refrigerator. Coat the
- refrigerated prawns with the bread crumbs mixture and refrigerate again for minimum 10 minutes.
- Place a pan over medium flame and pour oil in it. Once the oil is hot enough, drop the marinated prawns into it
- one by one and deep fry them until they turn crispy and light brown in color from all the sides. Once done,
- remove from the heat and place over a stack of paper towels in order to soak up the extra oil.
- Your Bengali Style Prawn Cutlet is now ready. Serve it hot with some sliced onions and enjoy.