A quick, healthy way to use some of that zucchini from your garden
Time: 15 minutes
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
- In one small bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Place the egg whites in a
- separate bowl. Dip zucchini slices into the egg whites, then coat the breadcrumb mixture. Place on a greased
- baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes in the preheated oven, then turn over and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, until browned
- and crispy.