This is one of the easier biscuit recipes that don’t require a blending of various flours. They are pretty healthy and made using coconut oil.
Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup toasted quinoa flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- Orange or vanilla essence (or rose or lemon or whichever you choose)
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat the oven at about 350 degrees F.
- Add the quinoa flour, baking soda and baking powder in a large bowl and sift.
- In another bowl, mix together the sugar and coconut oil – you may need to use an electric beater for this. Once
- the mixture is smooth, add in the egg and beat until creamy. This should take another 2-3 minutes or so.
- Finally, add the orange or vanilla flavouring.
- Then very carefully, fold in the dry ingredients into the wet, until everything is perfectly combined.
- Add the nuts to this mixture. If you like, you can put in chocolate chips or another type of nut – it is all up to
- Onto a baking sheet, plop little scoops of the batter and flatten the top slightly. They will expand once they cook
- so make sure to leave lots of space between each scoop.
- Bake them for about 10 minutes or until the edges become a little hard – they maybe a little underdone, but
- turn off the oven anyway. Let the cookies cool and harden for a few minutes, then transfer them gently to a wire
- rack where they will soon be ready to eat.