This Soya nugget pops have a chewy bite inside and make a perfect guilt free snack recipe.
Time: 40 minutes
- Soya Chunks soaked 1 cup
- Refined FLour 2½ teaspoon
- Red chilli sauce 4 teaspoon
- Vinegar 2½ teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil 2tbsps + f
- Refined flour (maida) 2 cups
- Cornflour/ corn starch 1 cup
- Soda bicarbonate ½ teaspoon
- Ginger finely chopped 1 tablespoon
- Garlic finely chopped 1 tablespoon
- Green chillies finely chopped 2
- Red chilli paste 2 teaspoon
- Red capsicum strips for garnis
- Yellow capsicum strips for garnis
- Spring onion green strips for garnish
- Squeeze extra water from soya chunks and place in a bowl. Add 1½ tspssoy sauce, 2 tsps red chilli sauce, 1 tsp vinegar and salt and mix well. Set aside to marinate for 10-15
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai
- Put refined flour, cornstarch and soda in another bowl. Add 1 cup water and whisk well into a thick batter. Add salt and 1 tbsp oil and whisk again.
- Dip marinated soya chunks in the batter, slide into hot oil and deep-fry for 2-3 minutes. Drain on absorbent paper
- Reheat theoil in the kadai.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan, add ginger and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Re-fry soya pops in hot oil till golden and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Add green chillies to the pan, mix and sauté for a minute. Add red chilli paste, remaining red chilli sauce, remaining soy sauce, remaining vinegar and salt, mix well and sauté for a minute.
- Add fried soya pops and toss. Let it get heated through.
- Transfer the pops onto a serving plate, garnish with red and yellow capsicum strips and spring onion green flower and serve hot.