Delicious, healthy and packed with vitamins, Cauliflower Nuggets
Time: 35 minutes
- Olive oil or avocado oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cups finely ground whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head cauliflower, big stem removed, florets and smaller stems chopped into 1-in. pieces
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Grease a large rimmed baking sheet with oil.
- Beat eggs in a shallow bowl. Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in
- another shallow bowl. Set half of bread crumb mixture aside in a separate bowl.
- Designate one hand as your “wet hand” (for eggs) and one as your “dry hand” (for bread crumbs). Using your
- wet hand, drop some cauliflower pieces into egg mixture and turn to coat evenly. Shake off any excess egg, then
- drop coated pieces into bread crumb mixture. Using your dry hand, sprinkle some bread crumbs on top and
- roll cauliflower pieces around until evenly coated. Transfer coated pieces to baking sheet and repeat with
- remaining cauliflower. When you run out of bread crumbs, use the second bowl. (This keeps the bread crumbs
- from getting too soggy.)
- Brush or spray tops of cauliflower pieces with a light coating of oil. Bake, flipping over halfway through, until
- cauliflower pieces can be easily pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes. Serve warm.