Sprouts are a rich source of vitamins, proteins and minerals but are not a favourite among the fussy eaters.
Time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup boiled sprouted moong
- 1 1/2 tablespoon mint leaves
- salt as required
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed to paste green chilli
- 1/2 tablespoon mint leaves
- water as required
- 1 1/2 tablespoon coriander leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon gram flour (besan)
- 1 dash asafoetida
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup refined oil
- To start with, take a blender and blend together sprouted moong dal and water. Make a smooth paste.
- Transfer in a bowl and combine mint leaves, gram flour, green chili paste, salt, coriander leaves in it. Mix
- thoroughly to form a thick batter. Roll out flat round balls from this mixture in shape of tikkis.
- Take a plate and combine together chopped coriander, mint leaves (1/2 tbsp both). Roll the tikkis in this
- Take a non-stick pan, keep it on medium flame and heat oil in it. Pan fry these tikkis in the pan until golden
- brown in colour from both the sides. Take out on an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with your favourite chutney and pair it with a cup of hot tea or coffee.