Rava dosa is a popular south indian dosa breakfast recipe
Time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup bombay rava / suji / semolina
- 1 cup rice flour
- ½ cup maida / all purpose flour
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ inch ginger, finely chopped
- 10 curry leaves
- few coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cumin seeds / jeera
- oil for roasting dosa
- salt to taste
- water as required
- in a mixing bowl, combine rava, rice flour, all maida (1:1:½) and cumin seeds, salt.
- mix the ingredients with a cup of water. make sure there are no lumps formed.
- add finely chopped onion, coriander leaves, curry leaves and chilli.
- add more water to adjust the consistency of the batter. it should be watery like neer dosa batter. else the dosa
- will not be crisp. keep aside for 30 minutes.
- heat the tava or non-stick pan and spread 1 or 2 tsp oil. if using non-stick pan then no need to spread oil.
- pour batter from the edges towards the center.
- sprinkle ½ or 1 tsp of oil from the top.
- let the base turn crispy golden. keep on medium flame to cook.
- serve the dosa. no need to roast on other side.
- rava dosa has to be served immediately with coconut chutney.