This uttapam recipe is truly delicious that your kids would eat down in no time.
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 pinches baking soda
- 2 cup oats
- 2 teaspoon refined oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 pinches asafoetida
- salt as required
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- For The Main Dish
- 2 medium tomato
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup semolina
- 2 cup yoghurt (curd)
- To start making these delicious uttapams, take a chopping board and chop washed spinach leaves, tomato,
- onions and ginger.
- Now place a pan over low flame and add semolina and oats in it. Roast them until the semolina turns slightly
- brown. Once roasted, transfer them into the grinder and grind them into a fine powder.
- Mix in finely chopped ginger, salt, baking soda and asafoetida. Shift this powder into a bowl and set aside for 8-
- 10 minutes.
- Now put in spinach leaves, onion pieces and tomato pieces in the bowl. Mix them well with the dry ingredients.
- Next, over medium flame, place a pan and heat oil it it. Pour 2 tbsp of the prepared batter and spread it in a
- circular motion.
- Pour 2-3 drops of oil on the outer edges of the uttapam and on the top as well. Firmly press the uttapam with a
- ladle to roast it nicely. Once the uttapam gets slightly brown from the bottom, flip it and roast the other side
- Once ready, place the uttapam over a plate and similarly make other uttapams and serve with coconut chutney
- or hot sambhar.