Oatmeal-crusted chicken tenders are delightfully crunchy, and are sure to be a hit with adults and children alike.
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 Tbsp crushed garlic
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 6-8 fresh coriander sprigs
- 1/2 cup browned onions + for garnishing
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 lemon, juice
- Cut chicken into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add cumin seeds, bay leaves, ginger and garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Add green chillies and chicken pieces and mix well.
- Add oats, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, black pepper powder and salt and mix well.
- Add 2 cups water and mix well.
- Cook till chicken is done.
- Finely chop coriander sprigs.
- Add browned onions, butter and lemon juice to the pan and mix well. Add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Add egg whites and mix well. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the porridge into a serving bowl, garnish with browned onions and serve hot.