Feast your tase buds on this protein-packed paratha. A combination that can never go wrong, this will keep you fuelled through the day.
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- A pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp of oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of chopped onions
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 2 Tbsp of coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp of garam masala
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, salt and oil, and knead the mixture into a smooth dough using 1 cup of water.
- You can add in a little more water if the dough seems dry. Knead well. Divide the dough into 4 balls.
- Roll out the dough ball evenly using a rolling pin, then fold it twice to form a triangle.
- Roll it out again to make a triangular sheet. Repeat the process with the remaining dough.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs well along with onions, chilli, coriander leaves, garam masala and salt. Keep aside.
- Place the rolled dough on a hot tawa, and let it cook for 1-2 minutes on both sides. Add a little oil on the surface
- and let it cook for one more minute.
- As the edges start to crisp, quickly make a slit using a sharp knife along the folds and pour in half the quantity
- of egg.
- Tilt the paratha a little so that the egg mix slides in. Then flip it over and repeat the process on the other side.
- Drizzle some more oil on the paratha and press the surface gently using the back of your spoon.
- Turn up the heat and continue cooking the paratha until it fluffs up and turns crisp brown.
- Serve hot with a helping of desi ghee on top.