This authentic soup recipe is loved by people of all ages and is really healthy.
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 900 gm chopped into cubes chicken
- coarse sea salt as required
- 2 cup sliced onion
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 4 cup water
- 1 sliced celery
- 3 medium sliced thick carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Take a large stockpot and pour water in it. Boil water on medium flame, then add chicken in the pot. Season
- chicken with salt, and let it boil on low flame.
- Dip a rim of the spoon below the foam and scoop it up. Rinse the sieve in the bowl and continue to scoop the
- scum. Keep the liquid at a simmer rather than a hard boil.
- Then add sliced onions, celery and garlic. Mix the vegetables well with chicken. Partially cover the pot with a lid
- and simmer for 30 minutes.
- When boiled, remove the breast of chicken and keep it aside. Now add sliced carrots and simmer for another
- 40 minutes.
- Next, remove the remaining chicken from the pot and cut off the back and wings. Keep it aside to cool slightly.
- Once cooled, remove meat from bones.
- Cut the meat into small bite-size chunks. Stir in the chicken and use a large spoon to skim off the fat that rises
- on top. Sprinkle salt and black pepper. Serve hot.