Blue Cheese Pasta is a lip-smacking pasta recipe which will delight your taste buds with its tempting cheesy flavours.
Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 450 gm wholewheat pasta
- 2 tablespoon pistachios
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup blue cheese
- water as required
- For The Main Dish
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 6 cup arugula
- To cook pasta, put a pan on medium flame and add water into it. Mix salt in the water and bring it to a boil.
- Add pasta to it and let it boil for 5-10 minutes, and lower the flame. Keep checking, if the pasta has boiled by
- piercing with a fork. It should be soft but not mushy. Once cooked, drain pasta and save 1 cup of the water in
- which pasta was boiled.
- Meanwhile, blanch arugula and keep it aside. In a food processor, add blue cheese, low-fat cottage cheese, and
- 5 cups arugula and blend together. Next, chop pistachios on a chopping board.
- Now in a saucepan, add boiled pasta, cheese and arugula mixture and the remaining water in which pasta was
- boiled. Add black pepper powder and remaining arugula. Mix well and serve. (NOTE: If you do not like the
- taste of raw arugula, you can steam it for 2-3 minutes before blending it in food processor.)